LIEN (Large Industry Energy Network)
The LIEN, supported by SEAI, is aimed at improving the energy performance of Ireland’s largest industrial energy users. ORS provides technical and strategic support to many of these large industries across Ireland by assessing their energy use and improving their energy performance. ORS has a track record of reducing energy consumption for clients by both internal energy reduction polices and implementation of energy upgrade projects.
LIEN members are companies with annual energy bills of €1 million or over. The LIEN currently has 200 member companies who employ 135,000 people in Ireland and spend €1.1bn on energy annually. In 2016, the members reduced their energy bills by €17.5 million and cut CO2 by nearly 158,000 tonnes. The benefits of joining the LIEN network include:
- Access to LIEN’s energy expertise and knowledge, built up over two decades
- Reductions in energy costs and greenhouse-gas emissions
- Maintaining robust energy management
- Boosting reputation for social responsibility and environmental protection
- Keeping up to date on latest technology and supports in energy efficiency and renewable energy