ISO 50001- Energy Management Standard
Time to understand and take control of your energy consumption.
Are you looking for targeted reductions in energy consumption based on measured site relevant data? ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard puts in place a framework around the processes and practices to achieve continual improvement in your energy consumption. Talk to our specialist ISO 50001 consultants today to start understanding the power behind your company!
Email to set up an appointment today firstname.lastname@example.org
- Savings of between 10-25% of total energy consumption can be obtained by close monitoring of consumption leading to real cost savings.
- ISO 50001 achieves compliance requirements under the Energy Efficiency Directive
- Sustainable company image ISO 50001 is an internationally recognised management standard and is becoming even more desired to demonstrate commitment to the environment.
Energy Efficiency Directive (2012/27/EU) (S.I. 426)
Compliance with the Energy Efficiency Directive (S.I. 426) is a major factor for organisations wishing to account for their energy consumption. ISO 50001 is more cost-effective and provides a framework to show continual energy performance improvement instead of a more basic energy audit.
The ISO standards hold real weight in the business world
With the introduction of ISO 50001:2011 and the publication of ISO 50001:2018 joining the Annex SL (HLS) High Level Structure, businesses are increasingly requiring suppliers and associates to demonstrate their commitment to energy efficiency and sustainability through certification to ISO 50001.
This is similar to contractual requirements. Evaluation of tenders and bid applications are increasingly taking your EnMS (Energy Management System) into account when winning work. Certification to ISO 50001 instantly shows your commitment to energy efficiency in your operations and of the overall sustainability goals of the company.
Demonstrate Excellence in your field
ISO 50001 is the world’s leading energy management system. Certification to this standard sends a clear message to your stakeholders, employees and the general public that you are a responsible organisation that is serious about demonstrating continual energy performance, complying with all legal requirements and reducing the overall impact associated with your operations.
ORS offers advice and support in access of grant aid to support the implementation of ISO 50001. We work with the client to investigate the best grant supports available including
- Enterprise Ireland/IDA funding
- SEAI Project support funding
- Community grants
- Energy equipment as a service
How Can We Help
ORS works in partnership with CG Business Consulting one of Irelands leading ISO consultancy service providers. Together we create an Energy Management system that will not only put the processes in place to achieve certification but create a system that will achieve continual energy performance improvement long into the future. Ours is a strategic approach to the implementation of ISO 50001 and is a customer driven approach. We strive to work with the customer to create a system that works for you. As part of our work, we:
- Assess and determine scope and boundaries of EnMS
- Develop a site relevant metering plan
- Carry out a detailed Energy Review (Gathering of energy data and baseline performance and energy balance)
- Prepare energy manual/ matrix
- SEU identification and evaluation
- Develop site relevant EnPI structure
- Compile opportunities register
- Deliver training based on specifically designed ISO 50001 modules developed by our expert consultants
- Legal register
- Management review/ support in external audits
Contact one of our experts today for a free initial consultation.