Building Information Modelling (BIM)
Building Information Modelling (BIM) has significant benefits for organisations with numerous assets, as it provides the 3D tools and aligned processes to produce a collaborated, information rich virtual asset.
ORS have extensive experience in the production of fully collaborated designs, through BIM, that realise the following associated efficiencies as a minimum:
- When the Architecture, Structure and MEP services are modelled in 3D, a higher level of development is realised at an earlier stage of the project;
- Early design team coordination, where clashes are more obvious when compared with working in 2D;
- Clashes are designed out as the design develops leading to fewer conflicts on site;
In our experience, this workflow can deliver cost and time savings as it avoids unnecessary rework at later project stages which is critical to this time dependent and multi task commission.
Over the past year, we have embraced BIM on several projects and have delivered contract documents on projects for Pallet Xpress Warehouse, Midland Regional Hospital Portlaoise and a myriad of Residential Projects. We now carry these skills and lessons learnt into all ORS civil and structural projects.
ORS can provide exceptional BIM advice and output as we can offer the following expertise as part of our service as required:
- BIM Execution Plan (BEP) production;
- Guidance on CIC BIM Protocol adoption;
- BS1192:2007 naming convention use;
- Common Data Environment layout and use;
- Structural drawings are derived from Revit Structures;
- Clash avoidance;
- LEAN construction and BIM synergies;
We carry out BIM training workshops within ORS to ensure that our staff are up to date with the latest BIM standards and workflows in this rapidly evolving area of consultancy services.