ORS is a prominent Irish multidisciplinary building consultancy firm with 30 years industry experience. Our mission is to design and build a better world by delivering sustainable solutions for our clients and creating a supportive workplace for our people. ORS is officially recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland by Great Place to Work.
We are the only building consultancy listed across all categories in 2019, 2020 and 2021. When it comes to attracting and retaining talent, we understand that a continued commitment to employee development and happiness is paramount. We provide our people with the necessary tools and experience they need to be successful.
We operate under a hybrid remote working policy. Our team use their home office as a base and any of our five office locations as they see fit. Our team is growing, and we are looking for talented and passionate people committed to client success and who have a never-ending desire to deliver results.
About the role
ORS has a robust surveying team with a proven track in delivering with speed and dependability on complex projects. We advise clients on a wide range of issues, from certifying property boundaries, carrying out as-built surveys to property registration and building compliance. We are seeking a topographical surveyor to join our expanding team. The successful candidate will be mentored by a team of chartered surveyors and engineers in various fields of engineering.
You will be responsible for preparing maps, tenders and proposals, and supervising tendering procedures. The role will also involve compiling, checking and approving reports and drawings, ensuring that projects run smoothly. The successful candidate should have appropriate post-graduate surveying experience and be willing to work as part of a successful team in a well-established building consultancy. The role will suit an ambitious and enthusiastic individual wishing to advance their career.
Skills and experience
• 2+ years of surveying experience and qualified to HND or Degree level.
• Have experience in GPS networking and traversing with the total station.
• Experience dealing with design data for engineering surveying and setting out.
• Experience with Leica, Trimble or similar survey equipment.
• Proficient IT skills, Autodesk, AutoCAD and Civil 3D, Word and Excel.
• Be comfortable with the standard outputs and deliverables in measured building and land surveying.
• Have a working knowledge of coordinate adjustments, calculations, analysis and presentation of results.
• Have strong report writing skills and strong attention to detail.
• Possess superior organisational and time management skills.
• Have a full clean driving license.
• Carry out as-built topographical surveys, measured building surveys using GPS/Total Station.
• Setting out of boundaries, foundations, structural elements.
• Report to the senior surveyor.
• Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties based on legal deeds and titles.
• Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
• Communicating and liaising with colleagues, architects, consultants and clients.
• Managing budgets and other project resources.
• Compiling, checking and approving reports and drawings.
• Ensuring that a project runs smoothly.
ORS is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to nurturing an inclusive workplace that values and benefits from our workforce’s diversity.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.