Senior Fire Safety Engineer
Do you want to work with one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland?
ORS is a prominent Irish multi-disciplinary building consultancy. We operate in a unique work environment, growing sustainably, while enhancing our community and the lives of our people and their families. In 2020, ORS was officially recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland for a second year running. This prestigious recognition is assessed through Great Place to Work’s robust ‘Trust Index©’ employee survey and a thorough ‘Culture Audit©’ assessment of our policies and practices. This represents our dedication to quality in the delivery of services and the training of our people.
We are working on several large and exciting construction projects and are seeking enthusiastic, hard-working individuals to join our team. We are committed to developing the skills of every member of our team and the successful candidate will be supported in expanding their knowledge base, achieving additional qualifications and advancing within the company.
Our firm has an excellent working environment and every member of our team is encouraged to contribute to the growth of the company. It is the employees that ultimately drive the success of our business and in order to maintain our position as one of Ireland’s leading building consultancy firms, we need to attract and retain great people. We have many measures in place to ensure that we attract and hire the very best in their field.
We seek individuals who are;
- Trustworthy and appreciate a culture of flexibility
- Technically competent
- Friendly with a strong work ethic
- Passionate about what they do and seeking an exciting challenge
- Excellent communicators and people managers
- Specifically interested in their own personal development
- Attending on-site meetings, client meetings and design team meetings
- Preparation of fire safety applications for a mixed range of buildings
- On-site fire risk assessments and fire safety audits
- Fire safety building inspections
- Opinion on compliance
- Tendering and procurement
- Preparation of disability access applications for a mixed range of buildings
- Disability access building inspections
- A bachelor’s degree (Level 8)
- At least five years’ relevant experience in the Irish Construction Industry
- An extremely high level of verbal and written communication skills
- A strong focus on time and resource management
- Very solid communication and IT skills
- Excellent people management and project execution capability
- Chartered status or working towards chartered status
- Full clean driving license
- Competitive remuneration package with access to the ORS Performance Based Pay scheme which sees all staff members share in company profits subject to certain measurables
- Laptop and software subscriptions where appropriate
- Opportunities for further education and training
- ORS is the only engineering and surveying consultancy firm to be listed, across all categories, in the 2019 Best Workplaces Awards 2019
- Our culture is one of flexibility and sustainability and successful applicants can expect to receive a competitive remuneration package, flexible working, further education opportunities and clear pathways for progression within the firm, through the ORS Career Builder Framework
- 1st September 2020
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.