Senior Fire Safety Engineer (Limerick Region)
Do you want to work with one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland?
ORS is a prominent Irish multidisciplinary building consultancy. We operate in a unique work environment, growing sustainably while enhancing our community and the lives of our people and their families. In 2020, ORS was officially recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland for a second year running. This prestigious recognition is assessed through Great Place to Work’s robust ‘Trust Index©’ employee survey and a thorough ‘Culture Audit©’ assessment of our policies and practices. This represents our dedication to quality in the delivery of services and the training of our people.
We are working on several large and exciting construction projects and are seeking enthusiastic, hard-working individuals to join our team. We are committed to developing the skills of every member of our team and the successful candidate will be supported in expanding their knowledge base, achieving additional qualifications and advancing within the company.
ORS has an excellent working environment and every member of our team is encouraged to contribute to the growth of the firm. It is the employees that ultimately drive the success of our business, and in order to maintain our position as one of Ireland’s leading building consultancy firms, we need to attract and retain great people. We have many measures in place to ensure that we attract and hire the very best in their field.
We seek individuals who are:
- Trustworthy and appreciate a culture of flexibility.
- Excellent communicators and people managers.
- Technically competent in their field.
- Friendly with a strong work ethic.
- Passionate about what they do and seeking an exciting challenge.
- Specifically interested in their own personal development.
- The position will be based in Limerick region at an agreed specified location.
- Attending on-site meetings, client meetings and design team meetings.
- Preparing disability access applications for a range of varied buildings.
- Preparing fire safety applications for a range of varied buildings.
- On-site fire risk assessments and fire safety audits.
- Fire safety building inspections.
- Opinion on compliance.
- Tendering and procurement.
- Disability access building inspections.
- A bachelor’s degree (Level 8) in fire engineering.
- At least five years’ relevant experience.
- High level verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong focus on time and resource management.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Excellent people management and project execution capability.
- Chartered status is preferable but not essential.
- Full clean driving license.
- ORS has embraced remote and distributed work for many years. Our team is encouraged to use our offices as they feel necessary while maintaining their home as a base.
- Access to the ORS Performance-Based Pay scheme which sees all staff members share in company profits subject to specific measurables.
- ORS was the highest placed building consultancy in our category in the Best Workplaces Awards 2019 and 2020.
- Laptop and software subscriptions, where appropriate.
- Opportunities for further education and training.
- Clear opportunity to progress within the firm through the ORS Career Builder Framework.
- Four day working week option to manage work-life balance.
Informal enquiries on the position can be made to Brian Collentine on 087 6656110 or to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30th December 2020
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.