Do you want to work with one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland?
ORS is a prominent Irish multi-disciplinary building consultancy. We operate in a unique work environment, growing sustainably, while enhancing our community and the lives of our people and their families. In 2020, ORS was officially recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland for a second year running. This prestigious recognition is assessed through Great Place to Work’s robust ‘Trust Index©’ employee survey and a thorough ‘Culture Audit©’ assessment of our policies and practices. This represents our dedication to quality in the delivery of services and the training of our people.
We are working on several large and exciting construction projects and are seeking enthusiastic, hard-working individuals to join our team. We are committed to developing the skills of every member of our team and the successful candidate will be supported in expanding their knowledge base, achieving additional qualifications and advancing within the company.
Our firm has an excellent working environment and every member of our team is encouraged to contribute to the growth of the company. It is the employees that ultimately drive the success of our business and in order to maintain our position as one of Ireland’s leading building consultancy firms, we need to attract and retain great people. We have many measures in place to ensure that we attract and hire the very best in their field.
We seek individuals who are;
- Trustworthy and appreciate a culture of flexibility.
- Excellent communicators and people managers.
- Technically competent in their field.
- Friendly with a strong work ethic.
- Passionate about what they do and seeking an exciting challenge.
- Specifically interested in their own personal development.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players with a proactive and positive attitude and who are willing to contribute to and lead environmental projects. The vacancy is ideal for a candidate who has demonstrated experience in the technical management of projects and personnel, regulatory engagement and has an interest in team and business development.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills in site activities, factual and interpretative reporting, data management and analysis of results. The individual will be expected to demonstrate an ability to produce high quality oral and written communications. Good time management and presentation skills are also essential.
We are committed to developing the skills of every member of our team – the successful candidate will be supported in expanding their knowledge base, achieving additional qualifications and advancing within the company. Our firm has an excellent culture and every member of our team is encouraged to contribute to the growth of the company.
- Managing individual contracts to deliver high quality ecological consultancy services
- Providing expert ecological input for a range of projects
- Planning, conducting and supervising the execution of site ecological surveys and fieldwork
- Preparing and monitoring of the implementation of Construction Environmental Management Plans
- Undertaking Appropriate Assessments and Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIAs), Biodiversity Chapters for Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs) and other environmental reporting requirements
- Writing of technical reports and other deliverables
- Managing quality including attention to detail and accuracy, delivery of contracts on time and to the highest possible standards, and continue to strive to improve the quality of work produced by the Ecology Team
- Develop and grow relationship with new and existing clients
- Attend meetings with clients and design teams when necessary
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Managing and mentoring junior staff on a per project basis
- Promoting a positive work environment and culture in line with the ORS values
- The successful applicant must be an excellent communicator and understand the importance of culture and collaboration with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders
- A degree in ecology or related subject
- A minimum of 5 years postgraduate experience in environmental consultancy
- Member of CIEEM, CIWEM or equivalent professional body preferable
- Detailed knowledge of wildlife and conservation legislation within Ireland
- Experienced in the preparation and monitoring of the implementation of Construction Environmental Management Plans
- Highly organised and capable of working on their own initiative
- Highly driven with a desire to succeed with a vibrant and growing company
- Excellent report writing, technical reviewing and communication skills
- Excellent people management and project execution capability
- Full clean driving license.
- Clear structures with opportunities for promotion and growth through our bespoke ORS Performance Management System and “Career Builder”
- Remote and distributed working arrangements
- Opportunities for further education and training
- Flexible working arrangements
- Being part of a growing and dynamic organisation where culture is valued
- Access to laptop, phone and software where appropriate
- 30th December 2020
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.