Graduate Building Surveyor
ORS is a prominent Irish multidisciplinary building consultancy firm with 30 years of industry experience. Our mission is to design and build a better world by delivering sustainable solutions for our clients and creating a supportive workplace for our people. ORS is officially recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland by Great Place to Work.
We are the only building consultancy listed across all categories in 2019, 2020 and 2021. When it comes to attracting and retaining talent, we understand that a continued commitment to employee development and happiness is paramount. We provide our people with the necessary tools and experience they need to be successful.
We operate under a hybrid remote working policy. Our team use their home office as a base and any of our five office locations as they see fit. Our team is growing, and we are looking for talented and passionate people who are committed to client success and have a never-ending desire to deliver results.
About the role
ORS has a robust building surveying team with a proven track in delivering with speed and dependability on complex projects. We survey the built environment, advising clients on a wide range of issues from property registration to building compliance. We are seeking a graduate building surveyor to join our expanding team. The successful candidate will be mentored by a team of chartered surveyors and engineers in various fields of engineering.
You will be responsible for preparing reports on building regulation compliance. Preparing tenders, supervising tendering procedures and putting together proposals. Communicating and liaising with colleagues, architects, consultants and clients. Compiling, checking and approving reports and drawings ensuring projects run smoothly. The successful candidate should have appropriate post-graduate building surveying experience and be willing to work as part of a successful team in a well-established building consultancy. The role will suit an ambitious and enthusiastic individual wishing to advance their career.
Skills and experience
• BSc, (Hons) Degree in Building Surveying, or equivalent.
• Previous relevant commercial / residential building surveying experience desirable.
• Proficient IT skills, including AutoCAD, Word and Excel.
• Have a full clean driving licence.
• Good technical knowledge and competence.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Have strong report writing skills and strong attention to detail.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Possess superior organisational and time management skills.
• Carry out various types of onsite surveys and preparation of building condition reports on residential and commercial properties.
• Surveying and preparation of the schedule of conditions and schedule of dilapidations reports on commercial properties.
• Search planning file documentation to obtain relevant information.
• Managing budgets and other project resources.
• Ensuring that a project runs smoothly.
• Reporting to a senior surveyor.
ORS is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to nurturing an inclusive workplace that values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.