Do you want to work with one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland?
ORS is a prominent Irish multi-disciplinary building consultancy. We operate in a unique work environment, growing sustainably, while enhancing our community and the lives of our people and their families. In 2019 ORS was officially recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland. This prestigious recognition is assessed through Great Place to Work’s robust ‘Trust Index©’ employee survey and a thorough ‘Culture Audit©’ assessment of our policies and practices. This represents our dedication to quality in the delivery of services and the training of our people.
We are working on several large and exciting construction projects and are seeking enthusiastic, hard-working individuals to join our team. We are committed to developing the skills of every member of our team and the successful candidate will be supported in expanding their knowledge base, achieving additional qualifications and advancing within the company.
Our firm has an excellent working environment and every member of our team is encouraged to contribute to the growth of the company. A track record in project delivery and evidenced targeted results success would be a basic prerequisite for the position.
It is the employees that ultimately drive the success of our business and in order to maintain our position as one of Ireland’s leading building consultancy firms, we need to attract and retain great people. We have many measures in place to ensure that we attract and hire the very best in their field. We seek individuals who are:
• Trustworthy and appreciate a culture of flexibility.
• Technically competent.
• Friendly with a strong work ethic.
• Passionate about what they do and seeking an exciting challenge.
• Excellent communicators and people managers.
• Specifically interested in their own personal development.
• Carrying out energy audits, environmental inspections and reports with senior energy and environmental consultants.
• Continual training will be a requirement of this role.
• Identify and understand legislative/industry best practice relative to energy and environmental management systems.
• Overview of energy efficiency in the built environment and renewable technologies.
• Manage and coordinate multidisciplinary energy and environmental inputs to a wide range of projects.
• Ensuring that energy and environmental services are delivered on time to the satisfaction of the client.
• Work with design teams to ensure that energy and environmental considerations are considered appropriately.
• Working with consultants in scoping projects and monitoring programmes, coordinating information requirements, project resources and specialist input.
• Liaising with clients, SEAI and the EPA and/or other regulatory authorities where required.
• Relevant 3rd level qualification in environment or energy related discipline.
• Experience is desirable for this position however graduates will be considered.
• Domestic BER training would be an advantage.
• Relevant experience in the construction sectors is an advantage.
• Ability to exercise good judgement.
• Ability to build relationships with external and internal teams in order to achieve buy-in to company policies and practices.
• Self-confidence, maturity, discipline and a commercial approach to establish credibility at all levels in the business up to executive management level.
• Highly organised and capable of working on their own initiative.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• The successful applicant must be an excellent communicator and understand the importance of culture and collaboration with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders.
• Excellent report writing, technical reviewing and communication skills.
• Full clean driving license.
• Access to the ORS Performance Based Pay scheme which sees all staff members share in company profits subject to certain measurables.
• Laptop and software subscriptions where appropriate.
• Flexible working opportunities.
• Opportunities for further education and training.
• Clear opportunity to progress within the firm through the ORS Career Builder Framework.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.