Do you want to work with one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland?
ORS is a prominent Irish multidisciplinary building consultancy. We operate in a unique work environment, growing sustainably while enhancing our community and the lives of our people and their families. In 2020, ORS was officially recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland for a second year running. This prestigious recognition is assessed through Great Place to Work’s robust ‘Trust Index©’ employee survey and a thorough ‘Culture Audit©’ assessment of our policies and practices. This represents our dedication to quality in the delivery of services and the training of our people.
We are working on several large and exciting construction projects and are seeking enthusiastic, hard-working individuals to join our team. We are committed to developing the skills of every member of our team and the successful candidate will be supported in expanding their knowledge base, achieving additional qualifications and advancing within the company.
ORS has an excellent working environment and every member of our team is encouraged to contribute to the growth of the firm. It is the employees that ultimately drive the success of our business, and in order to maintain our position as one of Ireland’s leading building consultancy firms, we need to attract and retain great people. We have many measures in place to ensure that we attract and hire the very best in their field.
We seek individuals who are:
- Trustworthy and appreciate a culture of flexibility.
- Excellent communicators and people managers.
- Technically competent in their field.
- Friendly with a strong work ethic.
- Passionate about what they do and seeking an exciting challenge.
- Specifically interested in their own personal development.
The position will involve taking responsibility for projects and tasks will include:
- Energy management and verification. The ideal candidate should have a working knowledge of both mechanical and electrical services.
- Preparing energy audits, inspections and reports.
- Advising client companies of procedures for implementing ISO 50001.
- Conduct energy reviews and establish baseline Energy Performance Indicators (EnPIs) objectives, targets and action plans.
- Negotiating contracts with clients, particularly in EPCs and ESCO’s.
- Identify and understand legislative/industry best practice relative to energy management systems.
- Working closely with client, plumbers, electricians, surveyors, architects and engineers.
- Performing other duties as assigned from time to time in a multidisciplined engineering consultancy.
The successful applicant must have:
- Relevant 3rd level and technical energy qualification.
- Five years’ experience in an energy management role.
- Relevant experience in the construction sector is an advantage.
- Experience of working with management systems.
- Proven track record of implementing continual improvement energy programmes.
- Highly numerate with experience of working in energy management or a similar role.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build relationships with external and internal teams to achieve buy-in to firm policies and practices.
- Self-confidence, maturity, discipline, and a commercial approach to establish credibility at all levels in the business up to executive level.
- Ability to make independent decisions within area of expertise and take responsibility for work outcomes.
- Ability to recognise areas for continuous improvement and drive change within respective teams.
- Good organisational, negotiations and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong written communication skills are an essential skill required for this role.
- Applicants must have their own transport and a full clean driving license.
- ORS has embraced remote and distributed work for many years. Our team is encouraged to use our offices as they feel necessary while maintaining their home as a base.
- Access to the ORS Performance-Based Pay scheme which sees all staff members share in company profits subject to specific measurables.
- ORS was the highest placed building consultancy in our category in the Best Workplaces Awards 2019 and 2020.
- Laptop and software subscriptions, where appropriate.
- Opportunities for further education and training.
- Clear opportunity to progress within the firm through the ORS Career Builder Framework.
- Four day working week option to manage work-life balance.
- 30th December 2020
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.