ORS is a prominent Irish multidisciplinary building consultancy firm with 30 years’ industry experience. Our mission is to design and build a better world by delivering sustainable solutions for our clients and creating a supportive workplace for our people. ORS is officially recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland by Great Place to Work.
We are the only building consultancy listed across all categories in 2019 and 2020. When it comes to attracting and retaining talent, we understand that a continued commitment to employee development and happiness is paramount. We provide our people with the necessary tools and experience they need to be successful.
We operate under a hybrid remote working policy. Our team use their home office as a base and any of our five office locations as they see fit. Our team is growing, and we are looking for talented and passionate people who are committed to client success and have a never-ending desire to deliver results.
About the role
ORS has a robust energy management team with a proven track record in energy savings for both the public and private sectors in Ireland. We mentor and support organisations to address their energy use, to improve their competitiveness, and reduce their costs and environmental impact. We are seeking an energy engineer to join our expanding team. The successful candidate will have an excellent knowledge of the energy management and verification process with the ability to identify and understand legislative/industry best practice relative to energy management systems.
You will be experienced in preparing energy audits, inspections, and reports, advising clients where required on procedures for implementing ISO 50001. The successful candidate will conduct energy reviews and establish baseline Energy Performance Indicators (EnPIs) objectives, targets and action plans. As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for negotiating contracts with clients, particularly in EPCs and ESCO’s.
Skills and experience
- Relevant 3rd level and technical energy
- Five years’ experience in an energy management
- Relevant experience in the construction sector is an
- Experience of working with management
- Proven track record of implementing continual improvement energy
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to exercise sound judgment with minimal
- Ability to build relationships with external and internal teams to achieve buy-in to firm policies and
- Self-confidence, maturity, discipline, and a commercial approach to establish credibility at all levels in the
- Ability to make independent decisions within area of expertise and take responsibility for work
- Ability to recognise areas for continuous improvement and drive change within respective
- Good organisational, negotiations and problem resolution
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Strong written communication skills are an essential skill required for this
- Applicants must have their own transport and a full clean driving
ORS is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to nurturing an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.