ORS is a prominent Irish multidisciplinary building consultancy firm with 30 years’ industry experience. Our mission is to design and build a better world by delivering sustainable solutions for our clients and creating a supportive workplace for our people. ORS is officially recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland by Great Place to Work.
We are the only building consultancy listed across all categories in 2021, 2020 and 2019. When it comes to attracting and retaining talent, we understand that a continued commitment to employee development and happiness is paramount. We provide our people with the necessary tools and experience they need to be successful.
We operate under a hybrid remote working policy. Our team use their home office as a base and any of our five office locations as they see fit. Our team is growing, and we are looking for talented and passionate people who are committed to client success and have a never-ending desire to deliver results.
About the role
The successful candidate will be part of an established civil engineering team. The role offers an opportunity to work on a diverse range of infrastructure projects (across all stages of development), applying your analytical skills and experience when carrying out feasibility studies, detailed designs, and preparing reports and technical specifications. You will also have the opportunity to be part of a proactive learning environment within a multidisciplinary team.
You will be experienced in undertaking technical and feasibility studies and planning applications for a wide range of projects. As a senior team member, you will be responsible for preparing tenders, supervising tendering procedures, preparing proposals, and managing, supervising and visiting contractors on-site. You will have demonstrable experience in thinking creatively and logically to resolve design issues.
Skills and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent and ideally a post graduate degree.
- Minimum five years post-graduate.
- Sound problem-solving skills, accountability for assigned work, and solid written and verbal communication.
- Solid communication and IT skills.
- Excellent people management and project execution.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Commitment to CPD and competence.
Desirable, but not essential
- Experience in the management of small to medium sized civil/transportation projects, teams & budgets
- Have experience using ARCADY, PICADY, OSCADY and/or TRANSYT
- Familiarity with computer programs such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D desirable.
- Have experience in the use of WinDes software.
ORS is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to nurturing an inclusive workplace that values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.