Business Development Manager UK Midlands
ORS is a prominent Irish multidisciplinary building consultancy firm with 30 years’ industry experience. Our mission is to design and build a better world by delivering sustainable solutions for our clients and creating a supportive workplace for our people. ORS is officially recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland by Great Place to Work. We are the only building consultancy listed across all categories in 2019 and 2020.
When it comes to attracting and retaining talent, we understand that a continued commitment to employee development and happiness is paramount. We provide our people with the necessary tools and experience they need to be successful.
We operate under a hybrid remote working policy. Our team use their home office as a base and any of our five office locations as they see fit. Our team is growing, and we are looking for talented and passionate people who are committed to client success and have a never-ending desire to deliver results.
About the role
ORS is a fast-growing firm, and we are seeking an experienced business development manager to manage the growth of a UK office in the midlands location. The successful candidate will be responsible for business development, account management, service development, opportunity management, and project management in line with the ORS strategy for growth. The role is an opportunity to shape the business development function in the UK, a key driver of the firm’s growth plans over the next number of years.
You will be commercially focused, identifying and maximising new sales opportunities with potential new and existing customers for the strategic business areas in line with planned UK expansion strategy. The role will suit someone who has a strong technical aptitude with the ability to quickly identify new business and confident in the role as an ambassador for the firm, attending and presenting to external clients and at networking events.
Skills and experience
- Experience and knowledge of the UK building industry market.
- A knowledge of consultancy services desirable.
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in business development.
- Extremely target focused and committed to building strong personal and professional. relationships with customers and colleagues.
- People-centric and conscientious-for candidates as well as internal business leads.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Flexible in taking on projects in a dynamic environment.
- Highly organised and capable of working on their own initiative.
- Full clean driving license.
ORS is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to nurturing an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.