Do you want to work with one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland?
ORS is a prominent Irish multi-disciplinary building consultancy. We operate in a unique work environment, growing sustainably, while enhancing our community and the lives of our people and their families. In 2020, ORS was officially recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland for a second year running. This prestigious recognition is assessed through Great Place to Work’s robust ‘Trust Index©’ employee survey and a thorough ‘Culture Audit©’ assessment of our policies and practices. This represents our dedication to quality in the delivery of services and the training of our people.
We are working on several large and exciting construction projects and are seeking enthusiastic, hard-working individuals to join our team. We are committed to developing the skills of every member of our team and the successful candidate will be supported in expanding their knowledge base, achieving additional qualifications and advancing within the company.
Our firm has an excellent working environment and every member of our team is encouraged to contribute to the growth of the company. It is the employees that ultimately drive the success of our business and in order to maintain our position as one of Ireland’s leading building consultancy firms, we need to attract and retain great people. We have many measures in place to ensure that we attract and hire the very best in their field.
We seek individuals who are;
- Trustworthy and appreciate a culture of flexibility.
- Technically competent.
- Friendly with a strong work ethic.
- Passionate about what they do and seeking an exciting challenge.
- Excellent communicators and people managers.
- Specifically interested in their own personal development.
About the role
We are looking for a Civil and Structural Technician to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of exciting and challenging projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with clients.
- Prepare documentation for Civil & Structural engineering designs.
- Adhere to professional standards and ORS quality procedures.
- Review and co-ordinate work to ensure that documents reflect the design intent and required levels of quality.
- Minimum of an appropriate Level 7 graduate degree or 2 years’ experience
- Drafting experience using REVIT and AutoCAD.
- Experience in working on structures, including residential, retail and commercial developments.
- Civil Detailing Skills
- Candidates should be enthusiastic and motivated and capable of dealing with internal and external team members.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Fluent understanding, written and reading in English is essential
- Full clean driving licence is essential
- Good working knowledge of Civil 3D, Lumion, Infraworks and Navisworks
- Good working knowledge of BIM Standards
- Experience in producing Fire Safety Drawings
- Experience in 4D & 5D BIM
- Competitive remuneration package
- Laptop and software subscriptions where appropriates
- Opportunities for further education and training.
- ORS is the only engineering and surveying consultancy firm to be listed, across all categories, in the 2019 Best Workplaces Awards 2019.
- Our culture is one of flexibility and sustainability and successful applicants can expect to receive a competitive remuneration package, flexible working, further education opportunities and clear pathways for progression within the firm, through the ORS Career Builder Framework.
- 30 December 2020
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.