Disability Access Certificate
Accessibility is much more than providing adequate physical access to buildings. It is also about providing inclusive access to services and information. Strategic access reviews are a useful way for organisations to uncover access issues that need to be addressed. ORS has carried out several strategic reviews to identify current levels of accessibility in relation to client services, access to the built environment, human resources, information provision and embedding disability proofing.
A DAC is a certificate of compliance to show the works are built in accordance with the design, it will meet the requirements of Second Schedule of Part M of the Building Regulations. ORS has prepared and lodged DAC applications for commercial and office units, retail units, healthcare facilities, industrial units and educational facilities.
Our work includes:
- Identifying relevant standards and codes of practice to be used for the project.
- Ensuring all members of the design team are aware of the legal requirements in relation to access and Universal Design set out in the Equal Status Act, the Disability Act, the Building Control Act, and health and safety legislation and compliance with Part M of the Building Regulations.
- Preparing a report with suggested alterations to the design.
- Preparing design and access statements in line with national and international best practice as part of the planning stage.
- Preparation of Disability Access Certificate (DAC) applications in line with best practice standards, including BS8300:2009 and Building for Everyone (2012).
- Provision of access consultancy services and advice on an on-going basis, including during the tender and construction stages.
- Provision of an access audit upon completion of the works to ensure compliance with Part M.
Block A | Marlinstown Office Park | Mullingar | Co. Westmeath | Ireland | N91 W5NN
Suite: G04 | Iconic Offices | Harmony Row | Dublin 2 | D02 H270
Level One, Block 8 | Galway Technology Park | Parkmore | Galway | Ireland | H91 A2WD
Office 2 | Donegal Enterprise Centre | Lurganboy | Donegal Town | Co. Donegal | F94 KT35
Pinnacle Building | 15th to 18th Floors | 67 Albion Street | Leeds | West Yorkshire | LS1 5AA | United Kingdom.